The Dons and Doyens of two dozen of the finest private universities in the country descended in Delhi back to back for two weeks -in small groups of a dozen each due to Covid related cautions- for Star Brands “EduStar Most Impactful and Most promising Awards specifically for Vice Chancellors & Chancellors” of India’s private education Revolution. To shortlist and have about 8% of the Vice-Chancellors of Indian Private Universities made this very august and prestigious gathering of a community who have made exceptional contribution in shaping their Universities, values, ambitions, and success and thereby playing a pivotal role in Education as a huge facet of Nation Building. It, therefore, was indeed special of Star Brand to bring these awards to the gatekeepers and custodians of these prestigious Private University Brands as an initiative of Daily Indian Media in association with the Power Brands 2022.
The events also saw three very special Life Time Achievement Awards being given away—
- Dr. S.Y. Quraishi – The Chancellor of IILM University who presided over as the Chief Guest was awarded the “Power Brands Dr. Malay Chaudhuri Memorial Life Time Achievement Award for the Most Iconic Bureaucrat”.
- Dr. P.K. Khosla– Chancellor, Shoolini University was awarded the “Dr. Malay Chaudhuri Memorial Life Time Achievement Award Impacting Lives through Education”.
- Dr. J.K. Mitra – Former Dean, FMS Delhi University was awarded the “The Dr. N. R. Chatterjee Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award for the Most Influential B-School Dean”.
The event additionally witnessed the launch of Dr. Rajita Chaudhuri’s latest Motivational book WIN RIGHT, published by Times Group and Dr. Nandini C. Sen’s book of short stories, THE SECOND WIFE AND OTHER STORIES published by OM BOOKS.
At the event, Planman Motion Pictures, a group initiative of Daily Indian Media and makers of National Award Winning films like Rishi & Neetu Kapoor starrer ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ and Amitabh Bachchan and Preity Zinta starrer ‘The Last Lear’, announced the acquisition of one of Nandini C. Sen’s short stories, “QUEEN KAIKEYI” for adaptation into a full-length feature film as its next big star project.2018 Miss India Earth, Miss Devika Vaid was the Guest of Honour.
Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri, the Honorary Director of IIPM THINK TANK, in his speech spoke about the importance of taking world-class education to the doorsteps of every Indian student. Almost all Chancellors and VCs praised the government of India’s NEP said they were looking forward to a new era in private education.
Dr. S. Y. Quraishi was awarded especially for saving West Bengal from the clutches of the CPM misrule, reminiscing his days as the Chief Election Commissioner of India spoke about the challenges he faced and how he overcame them with a detailed 4-year advanced plan of action, with his typical classy humour.
Prof. Jay K Mitra who was the recipient of the The Dr. N. R. Chattterjee Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award for Best B- School Dean instituted in memory of the original Management Guru of India, the eccentric irreverent magician and third Dean of FMS, Delhi in his speech reminded the audience of Dr. N. R. Chatterjee’s brilliance with multiple examples from his classes and administrative life.
The following were awarded the “INDIA’S MOST IMPACTFUL CHANCELLOR”
- Prof. Vijay Kant Verma – Chancellor, Dr. C.V. Raman University, Vaishali, Bihar.
- Dr. J. Ramachandran – Chancellor, AMET University, Chennai.
- Dr. S.Y. Quraishi – Chancellor, IILM University, Gurugram.
- Prof. Prem Kumar Khosla– Chancellor, Shoolini University, Solan, HP.
The following were awarded the “INDIA’S MOST PROMISING CHANCELLOR”.
- Dr. Rajan Chopra – Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya.
The following were awarded the “INDIA’S MOST IMPACTFUL VICE-CHANCELLOR”.
- Prof. Dr. Ankur Arun Kulkarni – Vice-Chancellor, Sage University, Indore.
- Prof. (Dr.) Ranjit Singh – Vice-Chancellor, Shobhit University, Gangoh, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prof. (Dr.) Uma Bhardwaj – Vice-Chancellor, Noida International University, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prof. (Dr.) Ajay Poddar – Vice-Chancellor, Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana.
- Dr. Deependra Kumar Jha – Vice-Chancellor, Adamas University, Kolkata.
- Dr. Mridul Hazarika – Vice-Chancellor, Apex Professional University, Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Prof. Prabhat Ranjan – Vice-Chancellor, D Y Patil International University, Akurdi, Pune.
- Prof. B.S. Satyanarayana – Vice-Chancellor, CV Raman Global University, Odisha.
- Prof. (Dr.) Lovi Raj Gupta – Vice-Chancellor, Lovely Professional University, Punjab.
- Prof. (Dr.) Tabrez Ahmad – Vice-Chancellor, GD Goenka University, Haryana.
- Prof. V.S. Rao – Vice-Chancellor, SRM University, Andhra Pradesh.
- Prof. (Dr.) Sasmita Samanta – Vice-Chancellor, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) – Deemed to be University, Odisha.
The following were awarded the “INDIA’S MOST PROMISING VICE-CHANCELLOR”.
- Prof. (Dr.) Bhanu Pratap Singh – Vice-Chancellor, MUIT, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prof. (Dr.) Abhay Kumar – Vice-Chancellor, Pratap University, Jaipur.
- Prof. (Dr.) Raghuvir Singh – Vice-Chancellor, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prof. (Dr.) Sanjay Das – Vice-Chancellor, Shri Khushal Das University, Rajasthan.
- Prof. Shalini Gupta – Vice Chancellor, Desh Bhagat University, Punjab.
- Prof. (Dr.) Ramesh Kumar Choudhary – Vice-Chancellor, Venkateshwara Open University, Lekhi, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Dr. J.K. Sharma – Vice-Chancellor – Baddi University, Himachal Pradesh.
A BRIEF NOTE ON DAILY INDIAN MEDIA & POWER BRANDS
IIPM Think Tank’s Media initiative, The Daily Indian Media, was set up in 2005, as a part of Planman Group, a business conglomerate in the areas of Business Growth Consulting, Technology, Market research, Training & Development, Human resources, and Motion Pictures. Within a short span of time the Daily Indian Media became a symbol of fearless, analytical, sharp and insightful journalism through its benchmark publications – The Sunday Indian, Business & Economy, 4Ps Business & Marketing and The Human Factor. The Sunday Indian, became the only newsmagazine in the world to be published simultaneously in 14 different languages.
Launched in 2006, Power Brands, of which Star Brands and this event EduStar is a part of — is now in its 16th year of existence. Power Brands today is a status offered only to the most powerful brands in their respective areas of operation — Based only on Research. These are exceptional brands that distinguish themselves from all others through repeatedly outshining their competitors, thus elevating themselves to being given the status of Power Brands. Being Consumer and Industry validated, getting the Power Brands status is a great brand-strengthening tool and apart from contributing to the better positioning of the brand in the competitive market place it has also been acknowledged by consumers and suppliers as a driver of faith in the product or person.
In an era of “you get an award if you come and dance in our function “, Power Brands introduced to Bollywood India’s first open ballot film journalists awards where film journalists vote online and everyone can see who they voted for— The Power Brands Bollywood Film Journalists’ Awards.
In London, Presidents and Prime Ministers of countries (not companies) come to get the honor at the Power Brands London International Forum for Equality (PB-LIFE) with the likes of Previous awardees including Dr. Zlatko Mateša, 6th Prime Minister of the Republic of Croatia, H.E. Mohamed Waheed Hassan, 5th President of the Maldives, Ms Laimdota Straujuma, 12th Prime Minister of Latvia, Mr Laurent S. Lamothe, 16th Prime Minister of Haiti, Nobel Laureate Ms Leymah Roberta Gbowee amongst other luminaries apart from of course Fortune 500 companies and top 100 brands like Lamborghini, the University of Oxford, Pirelli, etc.
In Delhi at the Power Brands Bharatiya Manavata Vikas Awards, India’s Greatest Social Reformers are awarded.
Above all else, all Power Brand awards are non-paid — adding to their genuineness and credibility. The Power Brands Bharatiya Manavata Vikas Puraskar like PB London International Forum of Equality awards carries a huge Prize Money with them.
From the Former President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee to Former Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley, from Mr Shah Rukh Khan to Mr Ranveer Singh, From Ms Madhuri Dixit to Ms Sushmita Sen have all personally accepted the Power Brands honors over the years—— thus no wonder hundreds of corporations use our logo rights to enhance their brands’ credibility, in their publicity material and ads and in their TVCs— often specially created to Announce their win… Catch Salt uses it on their products, Lux Cozy does, and Aava water does. Lloyd conditioners do. Century Ply uses it in their product brochure. Nestle puts it on their website. Most companies use it in their annual reports and client PR!
For more awards and titles visit following sites